Friday, January 7, 2011

SCIC #34... Scrapbook Style!



Hi Stamping Friends!!  Well I warned you!  Ever since I started playing with Stampin' Up!'s digital scrapbook software, called My Digital Studio, I haven't been able to stop!  I used this week's Stampin' Celebration Challenge as inspiration to design another scrap page.  I also used a sketch from the My Digital Studio website.  This is Saturday Scrapbook Challenge #5. 


The cutie in the center is my DD and her BFF.  Back in 2008 they got to sing a duet together on Christmas morning at church.  They sang "Mary Did You Know".  I took these pictures while they were practicing before church started.  I didn't want to look like some crazy "mommarazzi" during the actual service!  I kept the color palette to Very Vanilla, Whisper White, and Bashful Blue as inspired by the SCIC photos.  I love to add the "shadow" effect to all my MDS embellishments, papers, photos, pretty much everything on my page!  I've always thought that digital scrapbooking looks so flat.  The shadowing really adds some depth to all the elements.  And MDS makes it so easy to change your photos to black and white.  It really only takes a click of the button.

I hope you have a chance to play along with us at the Stampin' Celebration Challenge this week.  And make sure and check out the big party we are celebrating next week.  You won't want to miss out on the fun!  Also, if you are interested about finding out more about the My Digital Studio software, email me.  I'd love to chat.  Also, make sure you check out the MDS website.  They're are some really amazing digital artists that hang out there and they are more than willing to share their expertise.

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!


10 comments:

Jen Timko said...

This is a great page! Changing the photos really is easy and it works perfectly here! I can't wait for the "party"!!

Yapha said...

What an absolutely gorgeous page! I love the photos in black & white, and all of different patterned papers. Looks fabulous!

Heidi Baks said...

Love the sketch. I'll have to check those out!

Cindy said...

Heh heh, yep, MDS can be addicting, can't it? Love the SB page (what a great subject!), and would have loved to hear the girls sing "Mary Did You Know", one of my fave Christmas songs. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Adorable page! Will definitely check out the sites :)

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Great page! I love the sketch!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Lovely! I love the papers behind the girls as an accent! They must have been beautiful singing together!

Mickey Roberts said...

Beautiful page, Krystal! Thanks for the reminder about the B&W, too.

Shelley Z said...

Lovely! What a great memories to have of your beautiful daughter and a great way to display it!

Tanya Boser said...

Sweet page!!