Tuesday, April 13, 2010

ColourQ Tuesday #28

Hi Stamping Friends!

Woo Hoo!  It's another COLOURQ Tuesday!  This week Arielle gave us some fun, bright colors to play with.  I think they kind of have a fun retro feel to them.  Like a 50's style diner.  I had such a great time playing with these colors, that I created three cards... again! 
The first card uses the sketch from the CLEAN & SIMPLE blog.  This is Fall To Layout #85 FTL85.

Here's the card I sent in to Arielle:



I love everything about this card except that panel under the Pumpkin Pie Striped grosgrain.  At first I had only the ribbon, but it looked too plain.  Then I added the Ruby Red panel, and that was working for me either.  Then I added the Regal Rose and when that still didn't work, I finally gave up!  Not sure what else I could have done differently.  For this card I used the new set that will be in the next SU! catalog, but it is available for purchase now!  It's called Awash With Flowers and can I tell you that I LOVE this set!  I just can't stop using it!



For the next card I used the sketch from TAYLORED EXPRESSIONS.  This is sketch #108 TESC108.  Super cute layout with all the different panels.  I was having some difficulty finding various DSP in these colors.  I finally decided on some patterns from the Sweet Pea stack that is in the Occasions Mini catalog.  The blue is really supposed to be Taken With Teal, but I think it works for Bermuda Bay too.  I did flip this sketch on its side.

Here's my second card:



I'm not sure how often you'll find blue leaves, but I think it works!  These first two cards also work for the theme challenge over at the PALS PAPER ARTS blog.  The theme is Flowers.  I have a feeling they are going to get TONS of uploads this week!  The pink almost looks like Cameo Coral in this pic, but I promise it really is Regal Rose.  The stamp sets I used in this card are Sweetheart and A Little Birthday Cheer.


The last card uses the Sketch For You To Try at Jen del Muro's blog i{heart}2stamp.  Another fun sketch with lots of layers and panels.  I may have overdone the polka dot theme with this one.  This is the card that made me think these colors had a retro feel to them.

And finally, card number three:



Isn't it just delish?!  Makes me think of malt shops and sock hops and Chevy's with big tail fins.  The DSP is from the Sweet Pea stack... again!  The stamp set is called On A Pedestal.  Be sure to check out what the other ColourQ gals have created with this fabulous color combo.  Just click on the links on the sidebar.  I still have to pinch myself to think that I get to hang out with such talent! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

7 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, Krystal, these are incredible! So much fun....makes me want to go stamp another one too! I am curious as to how you did the leaves on the second one. They are just perfect! Love them all!

Yapha said...

These are spectacular! You did such an amazing job with the colors and the different sketches!

Candace said...

Oh... I love all of these - you've been hard at work! Great colour combo, love what you've done with it!

jimlynn said...

All three are fabulous!!!! Especially like the 2nd card. But then, they are all just so lovely it'd be hard to select just one!

Heidi Baks said...

Love this color combo. I like the first one best.

Carla said...

I love how you layer!!! What beautiful cards you created. Thanks for playing at the PPA. Hugs,

Rochelle said...

Oh my gosh! They are all so great! Great use of the colors on ALL three cards!