Friday, January 28, 2011

Stampin' Addicts Sale-A-Bration Blog Hop


Hi Stamping Friends!
It's the most wonderful time of the year... Sale-A-Bration!!!  I love the Stampin' Up! Sale-A-Bration promotion.  It's one of the reasons I decided to become a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  I mean, who doesn't love FREE stamps?!  And I'm so excited today to be a part of the fabulous Stampin' Addicts Sale-A-Bration Blog Hop.  If you have been hopping with us, then you should have come from Adriana's blog, escape2stamp, where she had you drooling over the Always Elegant stamp set.  If you have just joined the hop, we are happy you are here!!  I will have a link at the bottom of my post that will bring you to the next blog on the tour.  If you get lost along the way, here is a link of the BLOG HOP order, where you can find your way back.

Last year for Sale-A-Bration, Stampin' Up! added lots of regular catalog stamps to choose from, in addition to the special SAB stamps and products.  I was so excited about this additional promotion because there are a ton of stamps in the regular catalog that I would love to own.  And getting them FREE makes it even better!!  I'm glad Stampin' Up! decided to offer it again as part of the SAB promotion this year.  The stamp set I chose to showcase is Wellness Wishes  #115356




Paper:  Rose Red, Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzazz, Springtime Vintage DSP
Accessories:  Oval Sizzix Die, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch, Rose Red Seam Binding, Basic Pearls, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, Spritzer Tool, Boho Blossom Punch
Challenges:  Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge

This image is the only stamp I really wanted out of this set.  I could never talk myself into buying a whole set for just the one stamp.  But since I could get it for FREE, I knew it was mine!!  I love the beautiful scripty font.  It looks so wonderful on a vintage style card.  You could also ink up just the words, "Praying for you" and then use this image to send to anyone, for any reason.  Of course I didn't think about doing that until AFTER I had made this card!





Paper:  Pacific Point, Old Olive, Crumb Cake
Accessories:  Tasteful Trim Die, Striped Grograin, Hemp Twine, Round Tab Punch, Nuetrals Designer Buttons, Polka Dot Texturz Plate, Dimensionals
Challenges:  Color Challenge: Cards&Things #63  Sketch Challenge: Stampin' Royalty  #56

This little image just makes me giggle!  Isn't that sad little band-aid face just too cute?!  I have used this image more times than I thought I would.  My 7yo nephew broke his leg and my 12yo DD made the cutest card for him.  I should get it back from my sis and take a pic of it.  Already at 12, my daughter is quite the creative little soul!  I've seen these adorable band-aid cards on the net and just had to make one for myself.





Paper:  Pacific Point, Old Olive, Crumb Cake
Accessories:  Box #2 die, Round Tab Punch, Nuetrals Desginer Buttons, Striped Grosgrain, Corduroy Button (retired)

The Box #2 die reminds me of a little band-aid box.  I thought it would be a perfect match to this cute image.  And it's the perfect size to fill with cough drops, tea bags, tissues, or better yet... CHOCOLATE!  I mean who doesn't feel better after eating some smooth, sweet, delicious chocolate?!!

There are three images in this set.




I hope you enjoyed your stop at my little piece of blog land.  And I hope you are enjoying the Stampin' Addicts SAB Blog Hop.  There are always so many amazingly talented stampers on the SA hops.  If you are looking for a Stampin' Up! only community to visit, learn, share and laugh with, stop by Stampin' Addicts, where they are "Postively Creative, Postively Stampin' Up!".  One of my favorite things about Stampin' Addicts, (besides the super friendly stampers!) is the alphabetized GALLERY.  Go check it out.  I promise you will leave inspired!

The next stop on the hop is none other than the Hop-Meister herself (and my personal Words With Friends buddy!), Yapha at Rubber Stamping and Card Making.  She is going to wow you with cute using the Bear Hugs stamp set.  And word on the street says that she has a very special guest designer stamping with her.  :)



I'll be back on Monday with some challenge cards for you.
Thanks for hopping by!
Happy Stamping!









(Yay!  I found my siggy hiding in a file on my son's laptop!!)

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great projects Krystal! The first card is gorgeous and the get well items are so cute! And yes - most people I know would feel better after chocolate :)

Cori Kozak said...

Wonderful cards Krystal! This stamp set is on my "freebie" wish list as well! Love what you've done with this set!

Lisa Marie Naples said...

Cute projects

MaryJo said...

these are such cute projects - I keep looking at this set and wonder if I would use it much - I do like that little band-aid with the face!!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

LOL, that punch art bandaid card is just too cute! Great showcase of this set, Krystal. . . .

Lynn said...

The praying for you card is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen! I may have to reconsider this set also.

Tanya Boser said...

Love the bandaids! I have a thing for bandaid images...maybe cuz I'm a nurse? And the first card is just delicious!

Amy said...

Love these projects, Krystal!

Yapha said...

Your first card is absolutely gorgeous, but that bandaid card is just too sweet! I love the punch art bandaid on it!

jengd said...

Great cards! Your bandaid ones are cute and your first one is just stunning!

Betty said...

Thanks so the idea of inking just a portion of the "praying for you" stamp! All your layers and details are just perfect. And the punch bandaid is great idea #2!

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh, that band-aid card is too cute! I also love the "Praying for you" card - beautiful pairing with the Springtime Vintage DSP!

Carmen said...

Love how you used this set .... would never have thought to use it as the sentiment of that first card; it's simply gorgeous! And how cute were the other two?? Great job!

Kate Stockman said...

I love your projects. Your first card is my favorite.

Kandi said...

OMGosh - that giant bandaid is so stinkin cute! Love them all

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Krystal, beautiful and adorable! Love the first card, and I'm with you, that sad lil band aid is too cute.

Add Ink and Stamp said...

I love your ideas/ways to use this stamp set - from vintage to cute, and all fun!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great job (as usual) Krystal! Love what you did with the set!!

Kim said...

Just adorable! I love the band aid card! The first card is just gorgeous! Who'd have thought something that gorgeous with this set? Well you, you clever person!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Wonderful get wells! So nicely done!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Hm...I keep focusing on the doggy in the set that doesn't do much for me and totally forgot the gorgeous Praying for You and the very cute Band aid. Now with SAB to get it free...I'm really going to have to dive in. Thanks for sharing Krystal. Love your idea for a 'sickie' care package. Another fabulous use for Box #2!

Susie said...

So very unique and creative. Loving those. Great ideas.
Susie
susies@twcny.rr.com

Susan said...

Nice set, lovely creations!
Susan

Jen Timko said...

As always, I'm impressed by your different styles! I love the first card for its elegance and the big bandaid is so clever!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

THe bandaid card is so darn cute!

Heidi Baks said...

I think the band-aid card and box of chocolates would make any sickie smile!

Bev Gomez said...

OMG Krystal your projects rock!!! Great job!

Krista said...

Wow Krystal, you did such a great job with these projects ! They're awesome ! Thanks for playing along with C&T !

Twila said...

Great job Krystal. The first card is a real beauty!

Gail said...

Love the first card!
Who knew a bandaid could be soooo cute!

Melissa said...

Too cute, Krystal! I love the little band-aid image, too!

Sarah said...

Wow Krystal - they are all amazing projects - that first card took my breath away - love it :-)

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Awesome and amazing!! loved everything as always!!!

Barbara Welch said...

Krystal I love your projects, all of them are just gorgeous.

JulieA said...

LOVE your projects, Krystal. They're great! I really love that bandaid card. It's a fabulous idea.

Hands On said...

YOur first card is gorgeous. Love your use of that dsp. And the bandaids. Super cute!!! That is the best get well card I have seen to date! Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty.

savvy teaching tips said...

Oh Krystal - great work as usual. Fabulous job with the sketch. Combining it with this stamp set really worked perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty this week.