Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sale-A-Bration 2013 is almost over!!!!

Hi Stamping Friends!!

I love Sale-A-Bration!! It is Stampin' Up's! biggest promotion of the year. How often does any company offer you FREE merchandise for purchasing such amazing products?! During SAB I always treat myself to something "big". I wait all year long to make my more expensive purchases. This year, I bought all new ink pads. In years past I have purchased the Big Shot, the Many Marvelous Markers set, and numerous Big Shot dies. I figure, if I'm going to spend the money anyway, might as make it worth my time and get something for FREE while I'm at it! It is also the time of year that I stock up on all my stampin' "essentials" for the year. I try and buy enough SNAIL refill, envelopes, card stock, etc. to last me all year long. Of course I'm always having to buy more Dimensionals, no matter how many I buy during SAB. I just can never have enough of them!!

Here is a card I made with my monthly stamp club gals that uses the Bloomin' Marvelous SAB stamp set. Remember, this stamp set is only available until Friday for FREE!! so place your online orders ASAP!!



BLOOMIN' MARVELOUS

I really love how this card turned out. The Easter Blessings stamp set is a single stamp that is available in the Spring mini catalog. I only used two colors of purple ink, Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant. I used the "stamping off" technique to get the multiple shades. Stamping off is where you ink up your image, stamp once and then stamp again without inking up your stamp again. It gives you a lighter color of the orginal color. Super easy and works great with solid image stamps, like the ones in Bloomin' Marvelous. 

The satin ribbon is retired, but I just couldn't resist using it on this card. It is so elegant and rich. I really miss this ribbon. I've bought a lot of ribbon over the years and Stampin' Up's! satin ribbon was by far, hands down, the absolute BEST satin ribbon you could buy. Sigh. You could use our current Satin Organdy ribbon in it's place for this card. I'm really loving our new Oval Framelits as well. Can't wait to see what new Framelits will be avaialble in the June catalog. Framelits are my favorite "tool" right now!!

So if you don't have the Bloomin' Marvelous stamp set and this card makes you want to go out and get it, don't wait!! Place your Sale-A-Bration order by March 22 and get it FREE!!!



The sun is shining today, so I should be able to take some pictures of the cards I made using my Paper Pumpkin monthly kit. So fun having Stampin' Up! goodies show up in your mailbox in a cute red box!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Krystal


3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous Easter card, Krystal!

TLady said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!! JUST GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) (Found you through Nancy Riley's Blog)

Lisa S. said...

Beautiful!!!! I also found you thru Nancy Riley's blog.