Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Gift From Heaven

Hi Stamping Friends!

Well my posts are few and far between this month.  I hope you can forgive me.  I do plan on being a better blogger in the new year!  I've told you about my obsession, er I mean collection of Stampin' Up! nativity sets.  Well today's card is another of the sets I received from Lisa Hunter (THANK YOU!).  This is actually the set that got the whole ball rolling.  I saw it in an old catalog and just HAD to have it!  I love the image.  Although, I'll have to practice using it, since it is an image that needs to be colored in, and that is not my specialty.  I hope to work on that in the new year too!

Today's sketch comes from the Mojo Monday blog Mojo118 and the color combo comes from the ColourQ blog cQc12.  The colors really don't fit the image, but I thought they were cute, so I went with it anyway.  I just think Arielle finds the best color inspiration pieces!












And here's my card:

This set is called A Gift From Heaven.  Isn't it darling?!  I love the cute little animals peeking at baby Jesus.  It doesn't show up in the pic, but the Certainly Celery layer is embossed with the Polka Dots Texturz Plate.  I can't wait to get the Polka Dots Impressions Folder, that is in the new Occasions Mini Catalog.  I know I'll be using it to death!  Come January 5th, I'll be placing a nice, big order and getting lots of Sale-A-Bration freebies!  Thankfully this image has lots of white animals, which means less coloring for me.  Not sure if baby Jesus' swaddling cloths were Certainly Celery, but it needed a little color near all that brown, and Pretty In Pink just seemed wrong! 

I hope to be able to stamp a few more of my nativity images before Christmas actually arrives.  We had a two family Christmas parties this weekend and now can relax until Friday.  I do have lots of Cards for Mission packs I need to get done.  So far I've sold 25 packs... that's 125 cards I need to make!  Better get stamping!

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

Shaz said...

Very pretty!

dj said...

Awesome!! that coloring is fantastic!!

Lisa Marie Naples said...

very cute. I might have to case it. I think I still have that set in my retirement stash.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Krystal! I'm sorry, I swear I had left a comment... then again, I'm pretty forgetful these days! I do love your card, though! And all those nativity sets you're collecting! ~Arielle