Thursday, December 17, 2009

More Christmas Cards!

Hi Stamping Friends!

Did ya miss me?  I can't even remember the last time I blogged, but I know it was waaaay too long ago!  I would apologize and all that, but really... I've been buried... under cardstock!  Since I last blogged, I made 710 Christmas cards.  Not all for myself of course!  They had no stamping on them, but that doesn't make them any less time-consuming to create.  Especially when your printer decides to get persnickety and you have to feed each sheet of cardstock through one at a time!  I only made 100 for myself... and then I discovered I needed 125!  But that's for another blog post.

I did have some help.  Some of the cards were for a very dear, sweet friend from church who found out just a couple of weeks ago that her cancer treatments are not working and she only has a few months to live.  She was bound and determined to get her Christmas cards out.  So five of us got together on two days and worked for about 4 hours each day.  And I am so pleased that I got to be a part of that. 

Well now that my life is somewhat back on track, I finally had time to stamp!!  The card I created today is for the Colour Q challenge and Mercy's sketch challenge.  Here's the challenges:

And here is my card:


I really need more practice watercoloring.  I would love to take a class.  The only reason this looks halfway decent, is because the pic is so bad!  :)  My favorite thing about this card is the image.  I'm trying to collect SU! nativity stamp sets and a dear Stampin' Addicts member, Lisa Hunter, gifted this to me.  Wasn't that just the sweetest?!  I still haven't decided how to repay her.  Any ideas?  This set is called The Spirit Of Love.  The copyright says 2000, but I don't know when it retired.  I'm just glad that I got it!  It's so beautiful.

I hope to have more time to blog next week, even though most of the challenge blogs are taking a break for the holidays.  I guess that means I'll have to get creative and come up with my own sketches and color combos.  Nah!  That's too much work.  I'll just go back and do the ones I missed!  It's great to be back!

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

Arielle H Gordon said...

Girly ~ I was thinking yesterday about emailing you to find out where you'd been, but then I got sidetracked... I DID miss you, though!!! So sorry about your friend, that's just awful. I'm glad you got to help her with her cards, though!

Oh, I love you card, too! I've never seen that SU! nativity, it is beautiful! If I don't 'talk' to you again, I hope your family has a very blessed Christmas!

~Arielle

Cindy said...

That is just beautiful, Krystal. I love the softness of the colors.

Unknown said...

krystal...this is so elegant and stunning! love the colors and the clean and simple lines!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done a fabulous job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

LeAnne said...

It doesn't look bad at all! I haven't seen this image for a long time; you did a lovely job. It is snowing furiously here today, so I am going to play with these colors too!