Thursday, June 3, 2010

Stampin' Celebration Inspiration Challenge #5

Hi Stamping Friends!

This week's celebration over at the Stampin' Celebration Inspiration Challenge blog is all about graduations!  I've already been to four graduation parties, but I know that our local public high schools are having their graduations next week.  And there are still a few college kids that are wrapping up their finals this week too.

Our 14 yo DS, who has been homeschooled since the 2nd grade, "graduated" from 8th grade.  We had a special celebration to honor his accomplishment.  We've also decided to let him attend one of the local high schools this fall (he's fallen in LOVE with water polo!).  So this is a HUGE "growing-up" step for him and our family.  What a fabulous reason to celebrate!

The images in the inspiration photos come from the Martha Stewart magazine website.  Leave it to Martha and her team to have everything matchy-matchy.  Even the chairs!  I love the turquoise, brown and white colors, so that is were my inspiration began.  I also loved the banner idea, but two of the SCIC Design Team members used that idea, and they did it so well, that I knew I couldn't improve on their fabulousness.  So I went with Plan B.  And here it is:

GO, GRADUATE



I used the Go, Graduate set from the Summer Mini Catalog.  I just adore that little owl.  He always makes me smile.  The sketch comes from 2 Sketches 4 You.  I really needed a super quick card, since I was so late in getting ready for this challenge.  I was still stamping this card at midnight last night.  Bad, bad design team member!!  And I'm supposed to be the gal in charge!  No real excuse except I haven't been feeling to stampy lately.  Have you ever been in one of those slumps?  Anyhoo!  Back to the card!  I used Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay, and Whisper White.  With a few Black embellishments.  I also made this cute little party favor:


PERFECT SETTING

YUM-O!  I cut out the cupcake wrapper with the Perfect Setting XL die.  Then I used some Hemp Twine to fancy it up a bit.  I even made the cupcake itself.  I don't love baking, but my 11yo DD likes to play in the kitchen, and I do think it is my momly duty to show her the ropes.  These are actually brownie cupcakes.  I used the cake-style recipe on the brownie box.  I also added smashed up Oreos to the batter before I poured them in the cups.  I did make my own frosting: 1/3 cup of butter, 3 cups of powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons of milk.  Nothing like a sugar rush!  I then added more crushed up Oreos on top for decoration.  Super easy!

I hope you have a chance to play along with us this week at the SCIC.  Hop on over there and check out what the other amazingly talented Design Team members created... in plenty of time for the challenge!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute Krystal!! Sorry to be one of the ones to make you go to plan B. ;-) I particularly love that cupcake--adorable idea. Thanks for the recipe too. I'm definitely going to have to try it.

Cindy said...

This is just too sweet! (Pun intended, lol)

savvy teaching tips said...

Oh I understand that feeling. I have been stamping like mad for a long time, and now, suddenly, I'm in a sewing mood. Life's like that sometimes eh? Oh, and very cute card and project. I love this colour combo.

LeAnne said...

This cupcake is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE...so is the card, but the cupcake caught me EYE! And I think sometimes the change of seasons, especially going into summer, makes me want to stay outside instead of stamping! :D It'll come back!

WebDeb said...

That cupcake wrapper is adorable -- although I thought it was holding ice cream, which seemed a tad impractical...

cnelson said...

ohhhhhhhhh so cute!! love the color combo!

Heidi Baks said...

That cupcake looks so yum-o!

Melissa said...

Cute projects, Krystal! Cupcakes are my favorite, and I can only imagine how delicious brownie ones are. I'll have to try that sometime!

Laura Davis said...

Wow what a darling combo!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Sylvia said...

What a lovely card and the cupcake looks yummy!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

So cute Krystal!!