Friday, August 27, 2010

Stampin' Addicts Holiday Mini Blog Hop!!

Hi Stampers!!!  Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts Holiday Mini Blog Hop.  If you've been hopping with us, that means you just came from Rhonda's Stampin' Bunny blog where she treated you with lots of fabulous ideas using the Candy Wrapper die.  I just can't wait to get my hands on this one!  If you just joined the hop, that's okay.  Just keep hopping along and make your way around.  You won't want to miss a single blog, since they all have amazing ideas using the products from the new Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini Catalog that begins September 1st.  If you get lost, or miss a blog, just CLICK HERE and you can see a list of all the blogs in order.

I chose to feature the Pasiley Prints stamp set (#120817 $16.95).  What drew me to this set was the fact that you can use it for almost any holiday.  It's very versatile.  It has a Christmas tree, two hearts (big and small) , a leaf, and a pumpkin.  My first card uses the large paisley heart.


I used the Deck the Halls DSP, also available in the mini.  It's not for Christmas only ya know!!  I think it looks wonderful on this shabby valentine.  Other items I used from the mini catalog is the 1/2" seam binding.  It's nice and thin and very easy to tie.  I also used the Deck the Halls Big Desginer Buttons.  And they ain't kidding when they say BIG!  This is the smallest button in the pack.  This layout comes from the Mojo Monday sketch blog.  It is sketch #153.

Next up I used the leaf stamp.  It's perfect for any fall project.


This DSP is also from the Deck the Halls pack.  The colors I used are Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, (doesn't that sound yummy together!) and Wild Wasabi.  This color combo comes from the Color Lab challenge.  The monocromatic nuetrals also works for the challenge over at the Stampin' Royalty blog.  Plus, the sketch comes from the Pals Paper Arts challenge.  Wow!  Three challenge with one card, and they are all SU! blogs!  I haven't done that in awhile!

My final project would make a great addition to your Thanksgiving holiday table setting.  You could use these little treat holders as placecards.  Write everyone's name on them and set them on their plate.  A little chocolate is the perfect ending to any meal!


This treat holder was inspired by Kimberly Van Diepen.  It uses the Two Tags die.  I wanted to do a Christmas card using the Christmas tree stamp, but just ran out of time.  If only I didn't need to sleep.  Then I could get in more stamping!

Next up on the blog hop is the super talented and amazingly sweet Allison Ohran.  (I may be a little bias, since we are on the Stampin' Celebration Inspiration Challenge DT together!)  Allison will be featuring the Paisley Party wheel that coordinates with the Paisley Prints set that I just showed you.  Maybe she made something with the Christmas tree!


Thanks so much for hopping by!  Be sure to check out STAMPIN' ADDICTS.  It's my favorite online Stampin' Up! hangout.  They have an amazing gallery filled with all kinds of SU! goodness.  Plus the forums are full of lots of friendly, positive people who love Stampin' Up! as much as I do! 

Have a fabulous weekend!
Happy Stamping!

45 comments:

Amy said...

Great job, Krystal! I love the Valentine's card! Yummy!

Melissa said...

Beautiful projects, Krystal! My favorite is the fall card.. love that leaf stamp!

Kim said...

Beautiful projects. Love how you used this with the 2 Tag die cut.

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Everything is so lovely Krystal. Cute idea with the tag and using it at each place setting.

Jen Timko said...

I just love the place card/treat holder. Super idea on the Valentine's card (you are SO ahead of the game!).

Unknown said...

Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing your talents with everyone.

Mickey Roberts said...

Great projects, Krystal! Lots of great ideas!

Shari Winterstein said...

I love all of your cards. I'm glad I hopped on over to your blog this morning. Thanks for blessing my day. :)
www.southerncaliforniastamper.blogspot.com

Linda Callahan said...

Wow - so many beautiful projects to look at! The monochromatic look is wonderful with the PPA sketch! I am off to check out the rest of the hop! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

So pretty Krystal! Your Valentine's card is expecially fabulous!

Tracey Parrott said...

What beautiful work you do Krystal. All done to perfection! I will have to become a follower!

Deb B. (Debadoo) said...

Great projects Krystal, love your color combos.

Holly/catrules said...

Beautiful projects as always!! I love your fall card!! I love how you used the Hemp Twine on it. Great job :)

creations by jackie said...

Gorgeous cards, espesically the Shabby Valentine. Awesome job and thanks for sharing.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

How cool! I love the hearts, the leaaves, and everything inbetween!

Yapha said...

Great cards! That Valentine is absolutely stunning!

Debbi said...

Great projects Krystal! Love the warm colors and all the texture and dimension.

Julie Temple said...

Cute Valentine~ Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Fabulous collection of projects Krystal - you've sold me on the versatility of this stamp set. The valentine in particular is yummy with shabby chic elegance!

Marie said...

Each of your projects are just beautiful, Krystal!!!

WebDeb said...

The treat holder used as a place card is a fantastic idea -- but all your projects using this set are great!

redstampinsam said...

Its hard to choose which I like the best. The paisley valentine is pretty cute but I'd have to say I love the masculine fall paisley colors. Good job!

Cindy said...

The Valentine card is absolute perfection, Krystal. Thanks for the reminder that the Christmas DSP can be used for other things!

Karen said...

Nice job, Krystal. I really liked the fall project with the chocolate chip, crumb cake, and wild wasabi. It really sets the mood for cooler weather.

prsd4tim2 said...

The Valentine card is very elegant. Love it.

Unknown said...

Great job, Krystal! I'm not much of a paisley girl, but I love what you've done with this set, especially those beautiful hearts on the first one.

Tanya Boser said...

Oh, your cards are sooo pretty! Great job Krystal :)

Created By You said...

Very pretty Krystal! The first one is my favorite!

Betty said...

Happy happy that I have this set from convention so I can CASE some of your CUTE ideas!

Rhonda Langley said...

Wonderful projects1 Love the Valentine card!

Candace Lawlor said...

Wow... you are so talented girl! Love the fall card... beautiful!

Michelle said...

The Valentine's card is my favorite!! It's so rich and warm.

Janice said...

Krystal, You did a fantastic job on all of your projects!

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous cards, Krystal! Love the fall PPA card...awesome! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

savvy teaching tips said...

The image is perfect. I love the colour you chose as your neutral. Great take on monochromatic neutrals. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin Royalty this week.

Elsa L said...

I love cards with hearts. Great ideas.

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

So lovely, Krystal! I'm espcially taken with your valentine--the little pearls are the piece de resistance!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Very lovely card ideas Krystal. Loved your Mojo153 card idea. So Vintage!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work Krystal--as always! The placeholder idea is just perfect. Sorry no Christmas trees in my post--I agree, just not enough time in the day to stamp!

Carmen said...

You used this set wonderfully!! (Is that a word?) My favorite is the purple one ... I didn't realize how perfectly those colors go together!! Great job!

Sarah said...

LOVE them all - fab work :-)

Barbara Welch said...

Krystal I love all your projects. The fall card is my favorite.

Stampin' Diva said...

Great job on the sketch!!! Love the sentiment. Thanks for playing PPA!!

Jen Mitchell said...

All these projects are just gorgeous. Thanks for playing at the Color Lab!

Staci said...

Oh, that gratitude card is the best thing I've seen made with that stamp set yet! Very nice!!