Thursday, February 25, 2016

Stampin' Up! Picture Perfect

Hi Stamping Friends!!

So I finally created some cards for my "reverse Lent" challenge. Where instead of giving something up for Lent, you do something extra. My extra is sending cards for each day of Lent. And I'm not gonna lie. I do not send one card every day. I usually end up sending about 7 or 8 cards once a week. But all the math works out in the end and I usually send for than 40 cards anyway. :)


Stamps: Picture Perfect, Rose Wonder (sentiment)
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral (rose), Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive (leaf)
Paper: Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride DSP (retired)
Accessories: Triple Banner Punch, Circle Punch, Organza Ribbon

I love the realistic look of this pretty rose. It's very easy to do using a "triple" stamping technique.



When doing this stamping technique, it's best to start with the lightest color first and build your up from there. It's amazing how the rose image comes to life with each additional color.

For the leaf, I only used two ink colors. For the first step of stamping, I "stamped-off" first to get a lighter color of Pear Pizzazz. Then I did a regular layer of Pear Pizzazz and my finally layer was Old Olive. 

I just love the detailed look of this set. I can't wait to use the other stamp images in this set. The starfish is beautiful!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Have a stamptastic day!!
Krystal

No comments: