Friday, April 27, 2012

Stampin' Addicts Retiring Stamps Blog Hop!!


Hi Stamping Friends!!
I'm so excited today to be participating in another Stampin' Addicts blog hop! They are they best!! So many talented stampers always participate. Speaking of talent, if you've been hopping already, then you just came from Betty's blog: Kitty Stamp, where she wowed you with her creativity using Nature's Nest. If you've just joined us, then welcome! Glad to have you hopping with us! If at anytime along the hop you get lost, you can check out the official blog roll list HERE at Stampin' Addicts.


When Yapha started looking for people to participate in the Retiring Stamps Blog Hop, I knew exactly what stamp set I just HAD to use... 


EXTREME ELEMENTS

Stamps:  Extreme Elements, Grunge Rock
Paper:  Soft Suede, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Beau Chateau DSP
Accessories:  Top Note Die, Elegant Lines EF, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Pinking Hearts Border, Pool Party Seam Binding, Chantilly Crochet Trim, Saffron Button, Linen Thread, Basic Pearls

I had so much fun making this card!! Typically Extreme Elements is my "go-to" boy set. But I wanted to broaden its use, so I decided to create a teen girl card. And I like it!! It really is a very fun set to use, with all the layering of stamp images and colors. Extreme Elements has been a favorite of mine for many years. It may be retiring from the SU! catalog, but it is going to stay on my shelf for a very long time!!


Stamps:  Extreme Elements, Smarty Pants
Paper:  Rich Razzleberry, First Edition DSP, Pacific Point, PP Patterns DSP, Summer Smooches DSP, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White
Accessories:  Circle Punch, Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Rich Razzleberry Satin Ribbon, Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon, Decorative Label Punch, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Oval Punch, Buttons, Basic Rhinestones, Baker's Twine, Clip

I haven't scrapped in forever! And if you can't tell, I like to put LOTS of "stuff" on my scrap pages. This page is 8x8. My DD will be graduating from 8th grade in June, so we had her picture taken by my very dear high school friend. I love matching my scrap pages to the pictures, so I got the color inspiration for this page from my daughters shirt. And I loved the combo so much, I used it on my next card too!


Stamps:  Extreme Elements, Grunge Rock
Paper:  Pacific Point, First Edition DSP, Summer Smooches DSP, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White
Accessories:  Circle Punch, Timeless Type Junior Alphabet dies, Black Brads, Twill Tape

My 16yo DS loves bright colors, so I think this will be a great card for him. Plus, he plays bass, so he really does rock. :)  I hope you enjoyed my "extreme" projects. I sure enjoyed having you visit! The next blog you get to hop to is: STAMPIN' WITH PAULA where she is going to feature the Borderlines stamp set. Enjoy!!






19 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

When I look at that stamp set, I think of you! I'll definitely miss it. Great layers on all the projects.

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Great job with this set! I love it, but you really freshened it up! Love it with the First Edition dsp and great pic of your DD!

Betty said...

Krystal, You always have such fun little details! The debossing on the first card is so unique and the twill tape on the last one is a great boyish embellishment. And your scrapbook page!! What a delightfully fun take on the stamps!! I am so glad that set is still available digitally.

Patti said...

Great projects. Love the scrap page and go with card. Very colorful.

Yapha Mason said...

What fantastic projects! I always love what you do with this set! The images look so cool stamped on the First Edition DSP!

Shelley Z said...

Nice job highlighting this set. Love your color choices for each of these projects.

Katherine said...

I have to admit, I like to put lots of stuff on my scrap pages too - they take hours to complete. Yours is great!

Your cards are amazing. I can't believe I overlooked this set for so long...I might have to just order it!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

I love all of the details on your projects. And your right about all of the boy cards. You did a great job creating a feminine card and scrap book page using this set!

Kim said...

I love what you did with this set! Great ways to showcase this stamp set.

KilkennyVFX said...

These are great ideas for teenagers. Love the layout and card with the bright colors. Awesome job!!

Anonymous said...

This set is a keeper for me, too! All of the projects are great. I especially like the scrapbook page and all of the fun elements. TFS

Twila said...

Krystal, what a beautiful set. Love your color choices and layouts. My favorite has to be the first card, scrap page and the last card. Oh I guess that's everything. lol SUper job!

Tanya Boser said...

WOw, great projects Krystal! I love all of your juicy colors and the layering of the images is fantastic. I just got my Extreme Elements last month, just in time I guess, lol!

Tanya Boser said...

I love the colors, so juicy, and the layering of images! Perfection as always. I am so glad to see you back, we have missed you!

marg0006 said...

Great cards.

marg0006@verizon.net
Loving Scrapper101

Mickey Roberts said...

Love all these projects, Krystal; however I have to admit that the scrapbook page is just awesome! Congratulations to your daughter!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

That scrapbook page is OVER THE TOP! I love it!

Paula said...

I never did buy this set. I thought about it several times but just didn't do it. Now I wish I had. Love what you did with it here. Especially that last card. Fabulous!

Carmen said...

Fabulous projects!! Love all the details and colors!