Sunday, October 19, 2008

Be Inspired #27 and Weekend Sketch #62

Hi! This is for two challenges over at Beate's blog, Fresh and Fun. Everyday Tuesday she offers the Be Inspired Challenge. This week we were to get inspiration from this scarf:

She also provides the Weekend Sketch Challenge every Friday. This is the sketch from this week:







I decided to combine the two challenges this week, since I haven't had much "fun" stamping time lately. I loved the colors in the scarf and chose to work with Basic Gray, Going Gray, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, and the retired Purely Pomegranate. This card did not turn out as I had pictured it, but I decided to post it anyway. So here it is:



















Definitely not one of my favorite cards. It's the top half that bothers me. I wanted a mixture of the PP and GG, like the scarf, but mine just looks wrong some how. I inked up my Bella Toile BG with PP and used my GG marker to add some highlights. Maybe I should have added more GG. I do love the Purely Pomegranate piece though. I inked up my brayer with White Craft Ink and rolled it onto my Cuttlebug Embossing folder. Then I Used my Big shot to emboss my cardstock. Isn't it cool! I learned about it on Splitcoaststampers. I'm sure it has some fancy technique name, but I have no idea what it is. I colored one of my silk flowers from the SU! Pretties Kit with my Pink re-inker.

Enough chit-chat, the rest is pretty self-explanatory! If you want more recipe info, check out my gallery at Splitcoaststampers.

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great stamping day!

1 comment:

Beate said...

I don't think it looks wrong. I think it looks great!
Thank you so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles