Thursday, October 2, 2008

Color Inspiration #24




I love partcipating in Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration challenge found on her blog. She always finds the most beautiful and inspiring advertisement photos. This one is no different. Even though it's 90 degrees around here, these gorgeous colors remind me of a crisp, fall day. So I went with the obvious (more like boring!) and chose a pumpkin for the focal point of my card. I loved the damask pattern on the plate and it reminded me of the SU! Baroque background stamp. So I stamped my Kiwi Kiss panel with that. I love the curves of the SU! Top Note die, so incorporated that as well. The only fall, Thanksgiving style set I own is Autumn Harvest, so I had no other choice, but to use that. I tried to keep my design simple, in the style of Kristina W. The pumpkin image is raised with SU! Dimensionals. I wished I had placed the Chocolate Chip Stitched ribbon a little lower, but it's all stuck tight and I'm NOT taking it apart!

I'm new at this blogging thing, so please be patient with me as I try to figure it all out. My pics and words are not where I want them, but they will have to be good enough for now.
Thanks for stopping by!
God Bless!
Krystal

9 comments:

Louise said...

Beautiful card! Love it!

Sherri said...

Super cute! I love the shading on the pumpkin!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is cute!

Vera said...

Awesome card for the color challenge! Your blog looks great, too!

Becky said...

Beautiful card! TFS!

Catherine said...

Very beautiful =)

carolyn mcdonell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
carolyn mcdonell said...

I really like your blog and that card is great! Took off the last post because of a spelling error.

LeAnne said...

Well, this is a beauty too! This would be a winner in my book! Your blog is wonderful--keep up the good work!
Blessings,
LeAnne